Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Looters Will Be Killed


My little brother Dalton used mud to paint a warning sign over the garage. Other messages he wrote on what's left of the trailer are:

"We are alive."
"Katie and Clayton, we're OK"
"Love, peace, hippie grease."
"Dalton is not dead."
"Dalton is cool."

My mom included:
"Awesome God."

That's a fifty-foot pine that came down in the front yard. My mom's converted it into the world's largest clothes line. Those are the few work dresses she's managed to find in trees and wash the mud out of. She found one on the other side of town.

1 comment:

clayton cubitt said...

How are you posting your blog entries? And THANK YOU!

posted by: shortyellowskirt on 9/14/2005 12:26:18 PM

----

Siege, I'm sure that your mom wants to stay there, but just in case,she might need to leave, just let me know and I'll try to find out what I can about these camper trailers. They are really nice. I rode out and looked at them.I think that most people down there don't know that they are available to them.

posted by: dirtwood on 9/13/2005 10:15:44 PM

----

FEMA has set up 80 camper trailers in the sate park in the town where I live in east Alabama and there is talk of maybe 80 more comming, but FEMA cannot tell anyone in our city government who is comming or where they are comming from, or how many are comming. I can't even begin to imagine how screwed up it is down there Siege.

posted by: dirtwood on 9/13/2005 8:40:14 PM

----

damn. that's probably the best family portrait i've seen. . . . it sort of reminds me of everything that my own family is. . . and what it's like to be a part of it. . . .

posted by: drsoma765a on 9/13/2005 2:03:40 PM